Serve In The Church
Church Ministries Dewittt MI
How To Volunteer
Welcome. We’re excited about your interest in Serving Somewhere at Northpointe Community Church! Our desire is to connect regular attenders like you with an area you are gifted, talented, and passionate about.
As you serve alongside others, you contribute toward the mission God has given us: helping all people move toward a life fully devoted to Jesus Christ.
You may begin your journey by taking the following steps:
- Complete the online form BELOW
You will be contacted by a ministry director to help you with the next step.
- Participate in a “First Serve.” This is an opportunity to “test drive” a ministry position to get a feel for the ins and outs of that specific ministry.
- If applicable, complete a Ministry Application to officially sign up to serve in the ministry you have chosen.
Use their artistic, musical, and technical skills to create weekend worship experiences that encourage, instruct, and inspire people to learn and grow.
- Worship Singers & Instrumentalists
- Drama (actor/writer/director)
- Sound, Lighting & Media Projection Tech
- Video Tech (storyboard/record/edit)
- Stage & Prop Team
Leads fun, friendly, and biblically-focused environments that help students (grades 6 -12) learn to live for Jesus every moment of their lives and have a passion to serve Him. As group or event leaders, these adult team members allow God to use them to touch young lives.
- Small Group Leader
- Creative Arts (singing, drama, etc.)
- Outreach Events Team
- Audio & Video Tech
- Sunday Morning Volunteer
Wants the Timbertown (birth-4yrs), Kidsworld (gr. K-3), and Merge (gr. 4-5) environments to be the best part of every kid’s week. Our adult teams hope to see an ever-growing number of children find a place where they feel loved, come to know Christ, and continue to grow through fun and life-changing experiences.
- Nursery Volunteer
- Preschool Volunteer
- Elementary Volunteer
- 4-5 Volunteer
- Music/Worship Leader (all age groups)
- Admin: room organization and toy sanitation
- Curriculum and Craft Preparation
- Audio & Video Tech
- Games Host
Helps people enjoy a warm and friendly weekend worship experience. Our Greeters, Ushers, Café, Welcome Center and Security Hosts all work to ensure a safe, comfortable and welcoming environment for guests and regular attenders.
- Welcome Center
- Security Check-in Team
- Medical Response Team
- Café Service Team
Help people who are experiencing difficult challenges in their lives through prayer, home/hospital visits, notes, and meals. Trained volunteer counselors can also provide encouragement and counsel through times of personal crisis.
- E-mail Prayer Team-this team receives weekly prayer needs submitted to Northpointe, and keeps those requests in prayer.
- Loaves & Fishes Meal Team-Loaves and Fishes helps bring much needed meals to families and individuals who have recently experienced a surgery, loss of a family member, or similar circumstance.
Use their abilities in creative writing, graphic and web design, and interpersonal and organizational skills to provide communications and clerical support.
- Graphic Design (professional or hobbyist)
- Web Development/Maintenance
- Clerical/Telephone Contact
- Organizing/Admin Support
Use their specialized skills to maintain quality facilities and grounds, as well as efficient computer and IT equipment for use in ministry by our people and staff.
- Sunday Custodial
- Sidewalk Snow Removal on Sundays
- Interior Decorating
- Space Utilization/Control
- Computer/Telephone Wiring
- Computer & Software Support
- Maintenance (electrical, plumbing, carpentry, roofing/siding)
- General Construction
- Landscape Maintenance
Members of this team help plan and implement specific community impact events that are scheduled throughout the year-from our Foodpacks to the Tim Tebow Night to Shine and everything in-between, these teams make it happen! To find out more about each event team, click here.
Members of this team have a vital role in maintaining contact with our missionaries (currently in Sri Lanka, Ukraine, Papua New Guinea and Reading, MI), with encouragement and helping with needs when they are back for a home visit. In addition, this team helps with mission trip planning. To find out more about serving with this team, click here.
Primary Communities Served